Full-Stack Developer (Java/Groovy, Angular)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 4/21/2017
Trimble Navigation Limited
PeopleNet, a company of Trimble, is recruiting for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Minnetonka, MN.
PeopleNet is a technology leader in the Transportation, Logistics, and Energy industry with a long history of innovation spanning software, hardware, and wireless communications. Our feature-rich enterprise solution uses the latest technology such as M2M communications hosted in the cloud. Our technology connects in-cab intelligent displays and on-board computers to customer back-end systems using RESTful APIs.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
At PeopleNet we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and especially our technology. Here you can be a part of a development team utilizing bleeding edge technologies to tackle complex challenges. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
* Stay on top of new and up-and-coming technologies
* Be an educator and a mentor for junior engineers
* Possess intellectual humility - Be able to make mistakes and learn from them
* Design and build sophisticated and highly-scalable systems
* Challenge everything - Push yourself and others by asking how we can be better in all aspects of our work
* Ensure the team s work is of high quality through the use of best practices such as continuous integration, unit and integration testing, and code reviews
* Take ownership and lead development of team objectives
* Collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology
* Hack away at the bleeding edge of technology during our epic Hack-a-thons (and win a cool prize like a Super Star Destroyer Lego set!)
* 2-year degree or equivalent experience in a software related field
* 2+ years of experience developing scalable full-stack solutions
* Demonstrate one or more specific successes from current or past technical challenges
* Experience with Java/Groovy or other JVM technologies
* Experience with Spring Framework
* Experience with database technologies such as SQL or NoSQL
* Experience with single page application frameworks such as AngularJS
* Experience with backend unit testing tools such as JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, or Spock
* Experience with frontend unit testing tools such as Mocha, Jasmine, or Karma
* Experience with any of the following is a plus:
* Micro Service architecture
* REST APIs
* Spring Boot
* Specific databases such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch
* Messaging brokers such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
* Angular Material (Material Design)
* ES2015/ES6 (Babel)
* HTML5 and CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS
* Front-end build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Browserify, or Webpack
* Building NodeJS services
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Source control such as Git/GitHub
What\'s it like to be an Engineer at PeopleNet* Check out our video!
PeopleNet is a Trimble Company and part of Trimble s international Transportation and Logistics division. Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D