Back Shop Coordinator - Hicksville, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for providing coaching and technical counsel to all Technician levels to improve the productivity, profitability, and member experience of the Auto Center.
This position is responsible for providing direction and support for the back shop operations and Technician performance in the service bays of the Automotive Center. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting Store Management with: training of all Technician levels, coaching, and scheduling; new process training and implementation; conducting analyses and developing recommendations to increase sales volume, customer service, profitability and performance; identification and resolution of business problems; maintaining productivity standards; and assisting Store Management with the execution of all Auto Center back shop operations. The Lead Technician supports and organizes 4 levels of technicians to achieve high levels of Member experience and satisfaction by 'doing what's right.'Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and ensures the proper execution of all back shop Automotive Center operations as directed by Auto Center management.
* Trains, coaches, and schedules all levels of technicians to maximize productivity, service, and quality standards.
* Trains technicians on and ensures the adherance to the Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) guidelines and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Service Interval Guidelines.
* Ensures proper certifications and training has been completed by technicians depending upon the technician level. Ensures the appropriate levels (i.e. Express vs. Advanced, etc.) of technician staffing is maintained. Maintains list of ASE Certifications for services team.
* Implements and takes responsibility for process execution of new and existing services by the Backshop associates that will produce daily service growth.
* Identifies opportunities, develops recommended procedure changes, and works with the Auto Center management team to grow the service business.
* Has accountability for the daily execution of safety standards and processes in the Back shop work area as well as the maintenance and safe use of all back shop revenue driving equipment.
* A degree, related technical school accreditation, or related experience
* Automotive Industry knowledge and backshop experience
* 5-10 years related experience
* ASE Certifications preffered but not required (Steering-Suspension / Brakes / Electrical )
* Possesses strong working knowledge of Auto service organization operations and workflow scheduling
* Strong understanding of automotive service processes including process exection and productivity measures
* Builds and sustains productive working relationships with business partners, members/customers, commercial accounts, and associates
* Demonstrates strong: Verbal and written communication skills, Influencing and Motivational skills, Member Satisfaction skills, Change Management skills
* Serves as role model for the leadership principles within Sears Automotive and lives the team promise of 'We do what's right every time'
Education Experience: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 5-10 Years
License/Certificate Required: No
Driver's License Required: Yes
Travel Requirements: None
Age Requirement: 18+Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.