Backend Server Engineer 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers to help our customers make a difference. Develop and deploy robust backend technology to power today s modern web architectures. Enterprise transition to web architecture is rapidly evolving and creating new challenges to build responsive, interactive, data-driven experiences. These interactive web experiences rely on powerful backend server capabilities that operate in secure, scalable and highly reliable configurations. Join our team of exceptional software developers where you ll design and build next-gen web GIS server software for enterprise and cloud users worldwide.
* Build server-side Java components that power UX and client experiences of many types
* Design and build server-side components that seamlessly run on-premises and on cloud platforms
* Work collaboratively with other teams across the engineering group to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
* Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
* Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
* Three or more years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, Servlets, JSP, EJBs
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures and software design
* Programming experience in the Java platform and Java design patterns
* Experience developing code in a popular Java IDE, i.e. Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA
* Good understanding and experience with cloud computing platforms and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, and EC2
* Fundamental understanding of web services including SOAP and REST
* Knowledge of working with a source control system, preferably GIT
* Bachelor s or master s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
* Knowledge of Java build systems, i.e. Maven and ANT
* Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies
* US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.