Backend Tester 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description : JF follows:
They will be supporting the team by developing new test automation scripts using HP ALM UFT and BPT where applicable. Work as a key member of the Delivery Team to understand requirements and technical solutions under test. Work with manual testers, developers and SME's to understand the business domain, and the system functionality. Identify, plan, design and develop test automation that will enable the team to quickly deliver quality results using agile development and testing practices. Utilize the approved test automation frameworks to develop automation in a fast paced agile environment. Collaborate with the QA CoE to maintain practices, conduct code reviews, and for assistance and support in the use of the tools and framework(s). Perform Analysis and Design, design reviews and development for test automation. Comply with established version control practices and coding standards. When needed to expand the team's capacity for test automation development, prepare and handoff analysis and design of test automation to offshore resources for development, and act as a liaison to those resources for the team. (virtual daily standups, etc.) Regularly evaluate the overall test automation suites and make decisions related to the application of test automation strategies for assigned projects. Directly and through others, meet established deadlines for project work. Work with the Test CoE to recommend/request enhancements to the existing framework(s) where appropriate.
Candidates for this position have expanded beyond practical applications of the discipline to knowledge gained from experience. Be able to guide project teams in how to apply the principles and concepts within the discipline, and interpret the complexities of the discipline.
* Develop objects and maintain shared object libraries.
* Determine which of the approved frameworks are best used for the situation.
* Work with the Developers, Testers and Analysts to understand the specific needs of the project/product for test automation and functionality.
* Comply with CoE practices as they apply to test automation.
* Identify Test Cases; participate in test case review/discussions; participate in user story mapping, project walk-throughs, sprint planning and estimation.
* Prepare Testing artifacts as needed, such as Test Plan, Test Strategy, RTM's, etc.
* Perform test automation design, development, and validation as needed for assigned projects.
* Prepare and Transition work to other automation resources, such as analysis uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify solutions.
* Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by Information Services policies.
* Communicates difficult or sensitive concepts and works to build consensus.