Background Investigations IT Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The IT Manager will direct and oversee the design and implementation of infrastructure solutions within the SCIS Background Investigations division. The IT Manager will interface with the IT resources, management teams and other business partners on a regular basis to maintain good client relations and resolve any issues. Employment is contingent upon contract award.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Lead and direct the successful delivery of infrastructure design, systems integration, and product installation/customization services while ensuring that assigned projects adhere to the approved life cycle work patterns, standards, and procedures for solution delivery
* Communicate job expectations to information technology staff by planning, monitoring and appraising job performance
* Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orientation and training employees, maintain a safe and secure work environment
* Maintain organizational effectiveness and efficiencies by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
* Serve as the central point of contact and primary interface for all project-related information technology issues
* Oversee the full lifecycle development and implementation program and technical activities to ensure successful project execution and meeting of requirements
* Direct technological research by studying organizational goals, strategies, practices, and user projects
* Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center
* Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
* Must be a citizen of the United States.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI and able to obtain the required security clearance.
* Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements.
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably within field of study in Computer Science or Business Management, or equivalent experience required
* At least five (5) years of experience performing and implementing strategic operational analysis and solution development, including general project management in IT/Business environments required
* Experience in formal project management practices Experience in delivering IT infrastructure projects
* Experience in implementing software projects from requirements through implementation
* Strong interpersonal and team building skills, as well as an understanding of client relationship building
* Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to be comfortable working with customers
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
* Ability to execute many complex tasks simultaneously, and work as a team member as well as independently
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project)
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
* Maintain open lines of communication with all departments
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Highly organized, punctual and responsible
* Driven and problem-solver
* Team worker
* Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Ability to establish and build rapport with new people
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to multi-task
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with executives and staff in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone.
* Maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.