Baker - Full-time - Store #115
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Vero Beach, FL
When you work with The Fresh Market you're part of a team that is creating new breakthroughs in our industry. We'll see you and treat you as the valuable person that you are. We'll recognize your contributions and nurture your aspirations. We'll take you seriously and support your growth in whatever direction you choose. Bring everything that makes you unique and special. Bring your talents, your imagination, your ideas, and your dreams. We'll put them to work in a winning way. Join the Fresh Market, and you'll work for a company that's dedicated to making positive, lasting impressions, on our customers and on our employees. A company that cares just as much about the little things as we do about the big ones. Because after all, it's the experience that matters.Position Description
As a Baker with The Fresh Market you will be responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Bakery Managers in order to create The Fresh Market environment and ensure the success of the store and Bakery Department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food. The Baker will actively engage and educate customers about The Fresh Market's Bakery products. Candidates must be prepared to think, learn and contribute all while consistently communicating and modeling The Fresh Market's vision and goals. Excellent communication, multitasking and self-motivation skills are essential to success at The Fresh Market. Successful Bakers also demonstrate a high level of integrity with department products, employees, vendors, and our customers.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, while maintaining product assortment to drive sales.
- Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a one team mentality.
- Utilize, follow and maintain all tools, to include but not limited to, production tool, guideline checklists and order guides to assist in managing the business.
- Maintain organization of all work spaces.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the department following the cleaning checklist and tasks assigned by the Bakery Department Manager and Store Management.
- Wrap, weigh and label bakery items and production items while arranging such items in display counters and/or to cut and slice Bakery products to specifications.
- Customer service duties include preparing Bakery items to fulfill customer orders, greet, educate and inform customers about products and product ingredients while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression.
- Offer daily feedback to the Bakery Department Manager and Store Management about the Bakery Department, successes and areas of opportunity.
- Maintain and champion regular sampling and employee initiated engagement in the Bakery Department
- Maintain proper product assortment, pricing, merchandising, and inventory control to achieve required margin.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees and customers on products.
- Shaping, proofing and baking of bakery items following recipes provided.
The Fresh Market prefers previous experience in the retail, grocery, deli, hospitality, or restaurant industry. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellent communication and possess basic math skills for ordering and inventory. A working knowledge of Baking is preferred. The Fresh Market will require demonstrated strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department is required. Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions within The Fresh Market.
Physical Capabilities / Job Demands
Continuously (67%-100% of the work shift)
- Repetitive use of hands
Frequently (34%-66% of the work shift)
- Lift 0-20 lbs.
- Carry 0-10 lbs.
- Bend, Squat and Reach
Occasionally (Up to 33% of the work shift)
- Lift 21- to over 50 lbs.
- Carry 11- to over 50 lbs.
- Climb, Balance, Push and Pull Physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to the Company's attendance and punctuality requirements
- The ability, open availability, and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store are required, including, but not limited to, weekend, day, evening, and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Minimum age for employment is 18
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel. .