This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, US Specialty Bakery and US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for in-depth analysis of financial reports through weekly and monthly review of reports with Sr. Finance Director and Bakery Management to identify drivers of variances and provide meaningful and insightful commentary on same.
* Maintains and promotes a strong internal control environment within the plant. Identifies possible weaknesses and develops systems/processes to close any gaps in conjunction with the financial policies of the company and IFRS.
* Identify opportunities for improving the efficiency and/or effectiveness of plant operations.
* Coordinate the preparation of the annual bakery budget. Ensure that standard costs for all products are calculated in accordance with budget assumptions.
* Provide cost estimates for new product development which includes possible time/motion studies and eventual setup in SAP.
* Assist with internal and external audits, answering queries and explaining systems.
* Participate in the Capital Expense Requests process as required. Monitor project progress and ensure that closing notices are processed in a timely manner. Oversee plant asset disposals and transfers. Perform fixed asset inventories as required.
* Complete special projects as assigned.
* Function as an Interim Controller in bakeries should the need arise.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with peers and other personnel throughout the Company.
Minimum of 7 years work experience within Finance * 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
* Accounting related degree required
* CMA or CPA a plus
* Analytical and negotiating skills
* Computer literacy to include all MS office products
* Supervisory and interpersonal skills
* SAP experience a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Completes projects on time and on budget.
Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Meets commitments.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, remains open to others' ideas and tries new ideas;
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work. Comfortable in working in a changing environment.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
CMA, CPA and / or 5-10 years of related finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, financial standards, system manuals, procedure manuals and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.