Baking and Pastry Arts Faculty
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Faculty members are responsible for delivering quality, student-centered, hands-on, active instruction in order to prepare our students for success.
* Provide practical hands-on instruction to create an engaging learning environment.
* Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience and achieve learning outcomes.
* Evaluate student academic performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
* Participate in scheduled University activities.
* Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
* All other duties assigned.
* Associate's degree in Baking and Pastry Arts or Culinary Arts required, Bachelor's degree in Baking and Pastry Arts or Hospitality related field preferred.
* 2- 3 years of industry experience
* Teaching experience preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
* Strong time management skills and detail-orientation
* Working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to quickly learn new computer software
* Experience with distance learning or learning management systems (LMS) preferred
What does the Culinary Institute of Virginia have to offer*
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
CIV is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.