Bank Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY From humble beginnings in its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. With a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services. Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nation s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage more than $1 billion in assets. The group s motto is Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust. a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country. The center of the bank s business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
Bank Accounting ManagerJob Summary
Salary Range: $64,685.00-$74,388.00-$84,090.00
The Bank Accounting Manager is responsible for ownership of all general ledger activities including daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations of the Bank s general ledger and internal bank accounts, and following up on outstanding reconciling items through resolution. Manages the month-end close process by ensuring proper posting of monthly journal entries, closing subsidiary general ledgers, and creating monthly financial reports. The Bank Accounting Manager manages the accounting department staff. Oversees the accounts payable function and also ensures timely and accurate recording of subsidiary transactions, fixed assets, bank-owned real estate, borrowings, and prepaid assets. Processes loan charge-off transactions in the core system and works with credit department for accurate processing of delinquent and nonaccrual transactions.
Essential Functions(primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
* Maintains owernship of the general ledger including journal entries, reconciliations, and mapping.
* Manages the general ledger reconciliation process to ensure all general ledger and internal bank accounts are prepared and reviewed accurately and timely with outstanding reconciling items properly investigated and resolved.
* Manages the month-end close process by ensuring proper posting of monthly journal entries, closing subsidiary general ledgers, and creating subsidiary financial statements
* Manages the accounts payable process by reviewing all invoices for accurate approvals and expense posting to the general ledger.
* Ensures the accurate processing and reporting of subsidiary transactions, fixed assets, bank-owned real estate, borrowings and prepaid assets.
* Processes loan charge-off transactions in the core system and works with credit department for accurate processing of delinquent and nonaccrual transactions.
* Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
* Coordinates with Loan, Deposit and Retail Operations teams to ensure proper accounting entries are recorded, and day to day research items and reconciling items are properly cleared.
* Monitors the Bank s daily cash position and correspondent banking relationships.
* Maintains and evaluates internal financial controls and accounting policies to mitigate the risk of financial loss and enhance the accuracy of the Bank s financial reporting utilizing an understanding of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the 2013 COSO Framework or equivalent (e.g. SOX 404).
* Maintains general ledger chart of accounts and transaction mapping to general ledger accounts.
* Participates as a member of the Bank Operations Committee.
* Provides general accounting research and ad hoc reports to support Bank activities and initiatives.
* Oversees the unclaimed funds and 1099 reporting processes.
* Maintains awareness, understanding, and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws, and regulations appropriate for this position.
* Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education(in order of importance)
* Minimum 3 years experience in accounting and/or financial reporting.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field or commensurate experience.
* Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines and have the ability to work effectively with limited day-to-day supervision.
* Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management, the employee population, and external customers.
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office, including Excel and Word, or other transferable software packages.
* Strong understanding of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the 2013 COSO Framework or equivalent (e.g. SOX 404).
* Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrated direct and/or indirect leadership experience.
* Banking industry experience desired.
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements(specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.
To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfield-bank.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.