This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
BMO Harris Bank
Three Lakes, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a high performing team member of Harris Bank, the Branch Manager is accountable for delivering superior financial results and best in class customer service by creating a proactive sales and service environment, and maximizing employee productivity and effectiveness.
The Branch Manager is responsible for establishing and enhancing the Bank's presence in the local market and developing strong community partnerships.
The Branch Manager is accountable to work cross-functionally with otherbanking groups to maximize growth and profitability.
The role is also accountable for risk and compliance management and the optimal operation of the branch.
KEY DIMENSIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* MANAGE THE BUSINESS (Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness)
* MANAGE THE PEOPLE (Managerial Leadership)
* MANAGE THE RELATIONSHIPS (Client and Relationship Management)
* MANAGE THE RISK (Risk Management and Control)
MANAGE THE BUSINESS
* Create a proactive sales and service environment in which to maximize employee sales productivity and customer service effectiveness for existing and potential customers of all banking groups in order for the branch to achieve financial goals and deliver superior customer service.
* Collaborate with management to develop and implement a sales and service business plan for the branch which incorporates assigned branch goals and sales and service activities in order to achieve branch objectives.
* Communicate goals, plans and assignments for each employee to achieve financial and customer service goals.
* Deliver sales and service initiatives and programs to support the region and Bank's sales and service objectives.
* Personally contribute to the Bank's business objectives through direct market intervention by way of sales calls, establishing a personal referral network and other business development activities.
* Review and monitor sales and service performance against plan to identify gaps, issues and best practices; develop and implement action plans to close the gaps and resolve the issues.
* Collaborate with management to assess both the competition and market opportunities on a regular basis in order to identify strengths, opportunities, weakness, and threats.
* Assess and deploy equipment and processes to optimize the allocation of resources within the branch.
MANAGE THE PEOPLE
* Build and sustain a diverse branch team of employees who are capable of delivering the sales and service, operational and risk management performance required for the branch.
* Provide planning, leadership and direction to a team of employees in order to align tasks and assignments with branch goals and objectives.
* Set appropriate context and establish prescribed goals and limits for employees to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures.
* Assess team and individual performance, identify and close skill and knowledge gaps to increase the effectiveness and performance of branch employees.
* Grow capabilities of branch employees by providing coaching and guidance and by developing individual career and/or development plans for all direct reports.
* Communicate the linkages between the accountabilities and authorities of different roles in the branch and establish the context in which they will work collaboratively with one another in order to optimize team integration.
* Establish a two-way working relationship with employees to solicit their views on the working environment, potential changes affecting their work and continuous improvement opportunities.
* Develop and/or review work schedules for all branch staff to ensure appropriate resource levels.
MANAGE THE RELATIONSHIPS
* Create an environment that promotes customer service, aligning business goals with customer needs and building lasting relationships in order to achieve superior service levels.
* Resolve complaints in an appropriate and timely manner to ensure customer needs are met or exceeded.
* Contribute to the effective interface and interaction with other key lines of business partners (e.g., Business Banking Relationship Managers, Mortgage Loan Officers, Investment Specialists, Private Bank Teams, etc.) to optimize marketplace opportunities, leverage sales and referral opportunities, and provide full financial service offering to customers.
* Develop and enhance the Bank's profile in the community, and build relationships with members of local community based organizations, which may include participating in worthwhile business and community activities in order to seek out and create opportunities to promote the products and services of all Banking groups.
* Manage relationships with other areas of the Bank providing support services to the branch (e.g., Lombard Operations, Consumer Lending Center, Mortgage Operations, etc.) to ensure effective and efficient operation and administration of customer transactions.
* Participate in ongoing professional development, keep up-to-date on financial services/ market trends and new Bank initiatives, and attend Regional meetings, etc, in order to effectively perform in the role.
MANAGE THE RISK
* Monitor controllable non-interest expenses and revenues of the branch's profitability to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
* Monitor, control reports and conduct audits in accordance with Bank policies and procedures and regulatory, legal and ethical requirements in order to manage operational risk and minimize losses (e.g., identify and report transactions of activity which are suspected to be related to money laundering).
* Conduct and review sales and service operations in a safe and secure manner and safeguard all branch assets to ensure the safety and privacy of Bank and customer assets and transactions.
* Adhere consistently to the Bank's brand and corporate identity standards, including proper merchandising according to Bank merchandising guidelines and effective appearance and maintenance of the branch premises, in order to project a professional and consistent image.
* Know and adhere to banking regulations and company directives by reviewing the appropriate reference material and completing the annual compliance training courses as required in order to effectively manage risk, operational and compliance requirements.
CREDITQUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:This role requires Credit Qualification.
The incumbent must possess Basic level of Credit knowledge and skills and an Basic level of Portfolio Management knowledge and skills in accordance with the standards established within the Credit Qualification Process Policies and Procedures.
* :Undergraduate College/University Degree or + 5 years Branch Management and/or Sales/ Service Leader experience Minimum:Undergraduate College/University Degree or equivalent + 3 years Branch Management and/or Sales/Service Leader experience
For employees who will be working in the U.S. the following applies: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act) and the Bank will instruct you on how to comply with the requirement to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry.
At BMO Harris Bank, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 130 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.