Bank Secrecy Act Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The BSA Analyst supports EverBank's enterprise-wide BSA Program to help ensure BSA regulatory requirements are met and to protect the bank from losses. The BSA Analyst is responsible for investigating and monitoring customer transactions through the use of automated monitoring systems, reports, and transactional testing across all business lines. The BSA analyst may also responsible for other reporting requirements and analysis as directed by the BSA Officer and/or BSA Manager.
* Analyze account activity that appears unusual, including by not limited to information from the following sources: BSA monitoring system, reports, branch referrals, new accounts, subpoenas, and 314(a) requests.
* Document all findings in centralized case management system.
* Recommend a course of action to management based on an analysis of the findings.
* Perform quality assurance reviews for client activity and initial account openings.
* Communicate with bank personnel and management on CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during the account monitoring process.
* Assist in the completion and tracking of various Quality Control functions within the BSA Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Thorough knowledge of applicable BSA, OFAC, FinCEN, and AML regulations
* Knowledge of general banking operations, policies, and procedures
* Competency in using Excel, Word, core banking systems, and BSA monitoring systems
* Ability to research and present information and recommendations regarding complex cases
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
* Ability to proactively identify potential concerns and follow-up to resolve such issues
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 5 years of banking experience required with at least 2 years of BSA/AML compliance experience preferred
* College Degree preferred
* Strong Internet skills required
* Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
* Specialized BSA-related seminars and training courses helpful
*BSA as used here is inclusive of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, the USA Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) regulations.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.