This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Great Wolf Resorts
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Duties:
* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
* Be punctual, dressed in uniform, for scheduled work time.
* Always check in with the Banquet Manager or other Banquet Captain(s) upon arriving and check out with him/her before leaving.
* Ensure the entire set-up and service staff services the client and his/her guests in a professional and efficient manner.
* Know the features of the Lodge beyond the Conference Center and be able to describe and discuss them with guests.
* Follow-up on any special requests, involving your Banquet Manager when you are unsure of how to handle a request.
* Be the resident expert on the order of service for any event.
* Know the specifics of every Banquet Event Order (BEO).
* Be able to lead and conduct departmental meetings such as pre-meal and post-meal briefings.
* Be able to lift, bend, and carry a minimum of 15 pounds (stacks of chairs, loaded serving trays, tables, etc.).
* Follow service standards as directed in the Conference Center Family Traditions.
* Be able to read and interpret Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and follow instructions from Banquet Manager.
* Be prepared to lead and supervise banquet and lead housemen, banquet bartenders, and banquet servers in all aspects of providing items listed on all BEOs.
* Organize and lead the Pre-Meal and Post-Meal Briefings, as directed.
* Participate in leading and setting events up including moving tables, setting tables and chairs, buffet set-up, bar set-up, side stands set-up, tray stand placement and set-up, etc.
* Prepare for the function as appropriate, including, but not limited to sample place and table settings, condiments identification and preparation, anticipating beverage needs, etc.
* Be able to assign service stations to banquet servers, anticipating good, balanced working teams.
* Coordinate the opening of the event room doors with the client and ensure the servers are in their stations, ready to warmly welcome guests and helping them get seated.
* Establish the Order of Service as directed by the Banquet Manager or from the Conference Center Family Traditions. Maintain event timing to ensure service occurs properly and in a timely manner.
* Maintain open communication with the Banquet Manager, letting him/her know immediately of any changes or needs.
* Ensure all assigned side work is completed before leaving. Complete pre-work needed for future events.
* Supervise and check the clean up after all functions; vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, clearing dishes from tables, re-organization of the back aisle or staging areas as assigned, ensure all equipment and supplies are put away in their proper storage areas.
* Assist the Banquet Manager with administrative duties, as assigned, such as scheduling, time clock reviews, approving or managing overtime, calculations.
* Previous banquet captain experience a plus.
* Able to read and interpret BEOs and other communication methods used in Banquets.
* Knows other venues and aspects of the Lodge.
* Able to speak with clients and guests and answer questions about the Conference Center and our capabilities.
* Seeks assistance from other pack members or management when not able to answer a question from a client or guest.
* Promotes excellence by providing superior supervision and leadership to the entire service team and to each client and guest.
* Promotes team spirit and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
* Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust.
* Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy.
* Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles, and strives to improve skills and achieve goals.
* Ability to lift 30lbs.
* Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time.
* Ability to bend, stretch and twist.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled