Banquet Captain (On Call)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/16/2017
Snowmass Village, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Banquet team in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
* Check server and house person Banquet Event Orders (BEO) to ensure that all information is accurate.
* Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
* Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout function.
* Communicate all BEO changes to catering office and affected departments.
* Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
* Operate as a banquet server; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
* Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
* Recap all banquet checks at end of each day and turn in to Night Audit.
* Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation method for each item to be served.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Superior communication skills to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. This position will start mid-November for winter season. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled