This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all banquet food.
* Coordination of all banquet hot and cold foods. Banquet Chef must work along with Garde Manger to ensure quality meets specs and guarantees. Banquet Chef will ensure quality of banquet hot foods, main entree, starch and vegetables are of highest quality available to him.
* Attends daily BEO meetings to ensure guarantees and food products are correct. Must communicate all guarantees and food changes to Chef and Garde Manger and Bakeshop.
* Works one to two days ahead of his operation to insure product delivery is on time and to insure on his days off anyone covering has what they need to operate.
* Responsible for overall banquet food operation to ensure quality and quantity. Chef should have a good working relation with Banquet Managers and Captains and should be in direct communication constantly to insure counts are proper. Assists in the lowering of food cost and waste. Responsible for the return of food.
* Communicates with the Executive Steward on all banquet equipment needed to perform a banquet. This should be done on Wednesday and for one week to insure necessary equipment is in house.
* Banquet Chef is also responsible for cost control, payroll and menu planning along with Executive Chef.
* Coordination with Executive Sous Chef, Night Chef, Pastry Chef/Garde Manger.
* Monthly training classes with immediate associates.
* Menu development.
* 2 Years previous experience in similar position in a Resort environment
* Associates Degree or Equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: