- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
* Willingness to accept the most effective role. Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
* Hire, schedule and train all banquet staff to attendance and monthly meetings, and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for American, French, and buffet and parade types of service.
* Monitor staff performance. Define performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement of goals.
* Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
* Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conventions services, and engineering staffs, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, stat, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
* Supervise clean up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
* Enter billing information into POS system in order to generate a final guest check.
* Process payroll for each event, which includes calculating number of hours worked, and gratuity distribution.
* Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Great Lakes Co. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Great Lake Co. rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
* Must attend meetings as scheduled (i.e., sheets meeting).
* Will order supplies and linens for functions with approval of the Food & Beverage Director.
* Assists servers and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and Great Lake quality standards.
* The individual must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
* Expects excellence from others and tolerates no less.
* Inspires people to accomplish the extraordinary.
* Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives.
* Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments. Track record of leading teams to achieve extraordinary goals.
* Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
* Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals.
* Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
* Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assure a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
* Strong multi-tasking skills.
* Completes several concurrent tasks.
* Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships.
* Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
* Two years of banquet or food and beverage supervisory experience necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled