This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAssist the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage with the management, direction and organization of banquet activities in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business.
* Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
* Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up. Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
* Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
* Enter billing information into point of sale/automated sales system in order to generate a final guest check. Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit. Assist Assistant Director of Food and Beverage with processing payroll for each event which includes calculating number of hours worked and gratuity distribution.
* Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* High school or equivalent education required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled