Banquet Manager 8/19/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To assist Director of Banquets in delivering prompt, efficient and courteous service at all times, while always
Maintaining Omni standards.
* Represents management at functions.
* Determines set-ups in conjunction with Director of Catering.
* Coordinates functions with service staff, Chef and Head Steward.Sees that guest satisfaction is achieved through effective supervision and delegation of functions, checks on food quality and courteous performance of entire banquet staff.
* Coordinates with the Stewarding Department on fast recovery of food leftover and minimizes waste.
* Briefs waiters on functions and procedure of service.
* Establishes high standards of quality service and maintains them through effective training and continuous upgrading.
* Maintains the equipment entrusted to his care and keeps pars up.
* Maintains records, reports, closing reports and payroll costs.
* Inspects function rooms and writes work orders for the Engineering Department to maintain rooms in excellent condition.
* Conscious of business fluctuations, reacts either increasing of decreasing when volume of business fluctuates up or down.
* Maximizes profits in his department through effective management techniques keeping in mind at all times guest satisfaction.
* Must stay updated on new food and wine trends. Sets the pace and a good example for a successful quality operation.
* Prepare for and conduct departmental meetings.
* Use Synergy and Epitome Reports to effectively relay guest concerns to other departments.
* 8 plus years of previous Banquet experience is desirable in hotel setting
* High School Degree or Equivalent; Some College Preferred.
* Exceptional people skills preferred.
* Must be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to perform professionally under high levels of stress.
* Computer skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: