Banquet Prep Cook
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Great Wolf Resorts
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTION* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Provides food preparation assistance by washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits; cleaning, cutting, and grinding meats, poultry, and seafood.
* Prepares soups and sauces by stirring and straining.
* Breads foods by dipping food items in crumbs, flour, and batter.
* Prepare food as outlined on Banquet Event Order.
* Controls recipes by weighing and measuring designated ingredients.
* Provides foodstuffs and utensils for chef by carrying pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils; segregating and removing garbage; steam-cleaning or hosing garbage containers; following sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Keeps supplies and foodstuffs ready by inventorying stock; requisitioning supplies and foodstuffs; verifying receipt; storing.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances kitchen and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Promotes team spirit and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
* Has perfect attendance and can be trusted to handle a high level of responsibility.
* Dedicated to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber.
* Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy.
* Places high priority on personal and professional growth.
* Keeps knowledge and skills current through continued education, reading industry journals, and participating in professional organizations.
* Excellent multi-tasking skills.
* Prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
* Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs thorough understanding of sanitation-related issues.
* Takes all precautions and preventative measures necessary to ensure a clean food preparation environment.
* Maintains inventory and equipment to ensure smooth office operation. Trained in hands-on equipment maintenance.
* High School diploma or equivalent experience.
* Lift up to 15 lbs., sit and/or stand for long periods
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled