This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
* Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
* Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
* Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
* Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
* Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
* Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
* Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
* Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO s).
* Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
* Minimum 1 year banquet or fine dining serving experience; banquet experience strongly preferred.
* Previous experience with standard table sets and serving etiquette required.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations and have previous cash handling experience
* Must be familiar with BEO s, Banquet Checks and Banquet Room Sets
* Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
* Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Must have experience in handling beverages.
* Must be actively TABC Certified.
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in indoor/outdoor environments. Must be able to carry a banquet serving tray, filled to capacity, overhead/on shoulder.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: