Banquet Server (On Call) 9/17/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Banquet Server position ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
* Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
* Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
* Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
* Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
* Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
* Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
* Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
* Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO s).
* Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
* Complete banquet consumption sheets as designated by the Banquet Captain and Manager.
* Previous serving and guest service experience required, banquet & hotel experience is preferred.
* The ability to multi-task in a busy environment, follow-thru on guest requests, ensure guest satisfaction, and work as a team player.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
* Candidates must have the ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 40 pounds unassisted.
* Unexpired TIPS or RASP certification
* Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing up to 40 lbs without assistance. Position works in the interior of the hotel, in banquet event rooms and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and varying temperatures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: