Banquet Server (On-Call) 9/3/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
* Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
* Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
* Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
* Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
* Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
* Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
* Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
* Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO s).
* Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
* Minimum 1-2 years banquet serving experience or upscale dining experience, banquet experience strongly preferred.
* Previous experience in setting tables appropriately required.
* Must have knowledge of wine, spirits, and beer
* Must have experience in selling and presenting wines
* Previous cash handling experience preferred
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
* Must be TABC certified.
* Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in indoor/outdoor environments. Must be able to carry a banquet serving tray, filled to capacity, overhead/on shoulder.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: