This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
BANQUET SERVER JOB SUMMARY
$10.67 an hour
Shift is 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with some flexibility required.
The Event Server, as directed, provides food service at the Westfield Group Country Club, Blair Conference Center, Corporate Dining or Westfield Inn. Duties include greeting and seating customers, directing customers to and answering questions about the food and beverages offered, clearing tables, room preparation/setup and resetting event space.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Provides food service at the Westfield Group Country Club, Blair Conference Center, Corporate Dining or Westfield Inn. This includes greeting and seating customers, directing customers to and answering questions about the food and beverages offered, clearing tables, room preparation/setup and resetting event space.
* Works to ensure event/room setups are completed accurately, safely, efficiently and based on the most up to date Banquet Event Order.
* Interacts with the guests by directing them to their appropriate meeting room, assisting with food and beverage needs, and answering all questions thoroughly.
* Maintains a sense of professionalism at all times in appearance, mannerisms, and during guest interaction. This includes adhering to all of Westfield Universal Standards.
* Expected to follow and execute on all Standard Operating Procedures.
* Communicates with culinary team to gain information regarding the menus being served, and provide any necessary information necessary for noted dietary restrictions.
* Sets-up and tests requested AV equipment to ensure all equipment is operational.
* Assists other on the team as needed to ensure work is completed and a high level of customer service is provided.
* Communicates any changes and/or updates for an event to the Hospitality Leader.
* Maintains product and equipment for dining rooms and meeting spaces. Informs leader when items need repairs or replacement.
* Participates in catering events occurring both on campus and off campus, and works where assigned.
* Attends training sessions as required. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
* Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guests and customers.
* Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts, as scheduled.
* May travel between Westfield on-campus facilities as needed.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Must be 19 years of age or older due to the serving of alcoholic beverages
* Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
* High school diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to remain on feet, standing and walking, for the majority of the workday.
* Ability to move meeting tables, delivery carts, and other furniture as required.
* Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift, pull/push and carry 40lbs inside and outside of buildings in all weather conditions
* Ability to climb steps.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Member companies of the Westfield Group are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran)
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.