This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Great Wolf Resorts
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DUTIES:
* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Be punctual, dressed in uniform, for scheduled work time.
* Always check in with the Banquet Manager or Banquet Captain upon arriving and check out with him/her before leaving.
* Set all meeting and event rooms in a professional and efficient manner, according to specifications.
* Know the features of the Lodge beyond the Conference Center and be able to describe and discuss them with guests.
* Follow-up on any special requests, involving your Banquet Manager and/or Banquet Captain when you are unsure of how to handle a request.
* Be able to lift, bend, and carry a minimum of 30 pounds (stacks of chairs, loaded serving trays, tables, etc.). SPECIFIC DUTIES:
* Be able to read and interpret Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and follow instructions from Banquet Manager and/or Banquet Captain.
* Participate in setting events up including moving tables, setting tables and chairs, staging and portable stairs, podiums, buffet set-up, bar set-up, etc.
* Know and understand all terminology for setting up and tearing down meeting rooms.
* Prepare for the function as appropriate, including, but not limited to, all seating arrangements, equipment and supplies for the main speaker. Upon direction, set up audio-visual equipment, special lighting requests, and operation of the house sound system.
* Have all meeting and event rooms prepared and ready for guest use at least 60 minutes prior to the contracted time.
* Perform meeting room refreshes as directed during coffee breaks and over lunch.
* Maintain open communication with the Banquet Manager and/or Banquet Captain, letting him/her know immediately of any changes or needs.
* Complete all assigned side work before leaving.
* Clean up after the function; vacuum, sweep, mop, collect garbage and trash, and re-organize back aisle or storage/staging areas as assigned, put equipment and supplies away in their proper storage areas.
* Previous meeting and event set-up and clean-up experience a plus.
* Able to read and interpret BEOs and other communication methods used in Banquets.
* Knows other venues and aspects of the Lodge.
* Able to speak with clients and guests and answer basic questions about the Conference Center and our capabilities.
* Seeks assistance from other pack members or management when not able to answer a question from a client or guest.
* Promotes excellence by providing accurate meeting and event room set-ups and superior service to each client and guest.
* Promotes team spirit and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
* Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust.
* Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy.
* Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles, and strives to improve skills and achieve goals.
* LIFT UP TO 30 LBS.
* ABILITY TO STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME
* STEEL-TOED SAFETY SHOES STRONGLY RECOMMENDED (NOT PROVIDED BY THE LODGE)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled