- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Bariatric Financial Counselor
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Bariatric Financial Counselor
$20.31 / $3533
$40.13 / $6983
Layoff Referral Deadline:
The primary role of the Bariatric Financial counselor is to be an administrative and financial liaison to new and incoming patients. This role will educate patients regarding their insurances and what their financial options are to obtain bariatric care at UCLA.
Administrative duties include: independently responsible for organizing materials and data for bariatric surgery events and meetings, lectures and consultant visits; coordinate and organize international visiting speakers on behalf of the program; schedule, arrange and maintain complete travel (transportation and or parking arrangements), clinical and administrative calendar for the program.
Patient care duties include: analyze financial, medical and insurance data of perspective patients regarding bariatric surgery coverage; facilitate VIP patients from first contact to the handling of financial matters on behalf of UCLA and the Bariatrics Surgery Program; as needed, schedule new and follow-up visits; navigate a high volume of patient calls and schedule a high volume of patients; verify pre-authorization for insurance payment for consultation appointments; as needed, collect co-payments or full charges from first consultation patients.
1. Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to define the problem, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships and formulate logical and object conclusions.
2. Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff, residents, peers.
3. Skill in working as part of a team, collaboration with physicians and ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship.
4. Demonstrated ability to be extremely organized and detailed oriented with effective follow up skills
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
6. In-depth knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other software tools (ex. ERAS, RPM, OnCall, MedHub, etc) as needed to resolve information resource issues.
7. Ability to organize workflow and set priorities under competing demands to ensure that the objectives of the patient business office are met in a timely manner
8. Ability to handle a heavy workload under constantly changing demands and priorities.
9. Create and produce accurate and effective charts, slides and overheads for presentations, papers and other documents associated with the project
10. Knowledge and ability to comprehend medical terminology sufficient to read, write, and understand diagnostic codes.
11. Demonstrated organizational problem solving, decision making and action planning skills to recognize alternatives and consequences
12. Ability to demonstrate initiative and adaptability
13. Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with other staff, faculty, and residents.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to deal with sensitive situations in a tactful and discreet manner.
15. Ability to read and write English with appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation.
16. Oral and written communication skills to obtain and convey complex information clearly, concisely and accurately.
17. Demonstrated knowledge of general accounting terms and principles.
18. Demonstrated high-level of personal integrity, discretion, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with sensitive situations
19. Ability to establish priorities with a diverse workload, short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
20. Ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
21. Ability to organize tasks and information in order to facilitate the various responsibilities of the Program Director & Chief, track multiple projects, maintain files, etc.
22. Education Requirement: Bachelor s Degree