Bartender - Club - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
Bartender Job Summary
$12 an hour
As directed, provides beverage service at Westfield Group Country Club, Blair Conference Center, or Westfield Inn. Duties include greeting customers in a friendly and courteous manner, taking beverage (and food orders as necessary), making, pouring and delivering beverages to customers accurately and timely, delivering food from the kitchen to customers seated at the bar, cleaning and maintaining the bar area, tallying bills and using point of sale system to complete payments.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Greets customers, guests and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for the purchase of alcohol.
3. Takes beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
4. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
5. Pours wine, beer and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
6. Cleans and sanitizes bars and work areas up to food safety and Westfield s standards.
7. Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading the customer to stop drinking, refusing to serve, notifying management, and/or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
8. Prepare bar area each day by ensuring that it is clean and stocked with appropriate supplies such as beer, wine, liquor, ice, glassware, napkins, straws and other related items.
9. Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
10. Takes customer food orders and accurately documents/communicates orders to the kitchen staff including any dietary restrictions.
11. Acquires full knowledge of the menu and dishes offered each day. Provides information and answers questions about beverages, menu and dishes.
12. Accurately closes out check, receives payment from the customer and delivers receipt.
13. Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guests and customers.
14. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
15. Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts, as scheduled.
16. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Must be 21 years of age or older due to the serving of alcoholic beverages.
2. High school diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
3. Previous bartending experience or minimum of 6 months experience and a certificate from a bartending school.
4. Current TIPS Certification.
5. Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
6. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to remain on feet, standing and walking, for the majority of the workday.
* Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 40lbs.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to climb steps.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.