Bearing Performance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for BEARING PERFORMANCE ENGINEER for our client in AUBURN HILLS, MI
JOB TITLE: BEARING PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: AUBURN HILLS, MI
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
Min 5 years
* Work closely with engine design release and development groups, suppliers and other functional groups, using CAE analyses in the areas listed below to proactively guide the designs to meet engine design targets and timing.
* Build mathematical models to best simulate the engine/transmission lubrication and hydraulic control to guide engine and transmission designs.
* Develop lubrication analysis procedures and automation tools to reduce human errors and improve efficiency (for example, simulink, MATLAB codes, etc).
* Assemble Finite Element (FE) models of engine components to PT models to meet bearing lubrication analysis requirements.
* Perform Elasto-hydrodynamic analysis on engine components such as piston ring/skirt,connecting rod, and bearings to ensure they meet performance targets. Perform system analysis to reduce friction losses and improve fuel economy.
* Use commercial codes (such as GT Suite, Abaqus, Hypermesh, AVL Excite) to perform engine system and component CAE analyses.
* GT suite, MATLAB codes, AVL Exite and SimulinkHypermesh and Abaqus
* MS degree in Engineering.
* With minimum 1year of experience.
* Experienced in application of GT-Suite and Flowmaster tools for developing and supporting engine lubrication and optimization.
* Demonstrated experience and excellence in engine friction and lubrication system simulations
* Strong analytical problem solving ability
* Must be capable of managing multiple on-going projects
* Must be capable of working independently and in teams
* Candidate must have excellent written / oral communication and organizational skills.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
* Ph. D in Mechanical engineering
* CFD / thermal background.
* Knowledgeable about automotive engine, transmission, or drivetrain requirements and function.
* Experiences in powertrain virtual analysis using commercial codes such as Flowmaster, or / and Gamma Technology GT-Suite