Beauty Sales Adviser
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Dyson US is entering the Beauty category with the launch of our latest technology the Supersonic Hairdryer. If you love beauty and innovation this role is for you!
We are seeking beauty enthusiasts with a passion for innovative technology to represent our brand as Dyson Experts. As a Beauty Expert you will specialize in delivering exciting and compelling demonstrations focused on Supersonic.
Experts will be responsible for sharing product knowledge confidently for Hair Care as well as the range of Dyson products including Environmental Care and Floor Care. Experts are responsible for delivering demonstrations, building relationships with our customers and assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve specified goals.
Demonstrations are conducted in a variety of retailer locations such events across the United States. This position requires work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekday holidays or as business dictates.
Experts work part-time as members of the Sell-Through team. Experts work at retailers such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy and Costco. Schedules are between 10 30 hours per week depending on market and performance. Saturday and Sunday availability is required.
Required viewing (short clips to familiarize yourself with company and role):
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Elevate Dyson brand awareness and sales of Dyson products through in store and event demonstrations
* Desire to provide excellent service
* Conduct planned demonstrations in assigned retail stores to achieve specified sales goals
* Provide friendly and informed beauty advice
* Present a professional image in appearance, words and actions to support beauty demonstrations
* Inspire clients with expertise on beauty trends and product knowledge
* Capture consumers attention to participate in high energy, captivating in-store demonstrations and model all aspects of Dyson s brand, culture, and passion for technology
* Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the benefits and features of Dyson products and actively listening to consumers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably over objections
* Maintain responsibility for all demonstration and other POP material; ensure marketing collateral is properly displayed
* Driven and self-motivated
* Assist with training of new Experts as needed
* Demonstrate confidence, competence and high standards of personal appearance
Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner with customers, accounts, peers, and District Expert Manager
* Actively monitor Dyson s online reporting system to contribute quality feedback and report/confirm attendance
* Capture accurate demonstration data and communicate opportunities to District Expert Manager per established guidelines
* Build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel
* Enjoy meeting and interacting with people and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
Develop sales and relationships with retailers assigned in specific territory
* Achieve a high level of performance to the sales goals of assigned territory
* Delivery exemplary support and drives sales within the Retail Channel
* Plan, manage and participate in Events as driven by event/launch calendar
* Support Brand Focus Days, events and linear/fixture maintenance
* Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs., potentially overhead
* Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
* Ability to provide own transportation to various store locations
* High aptitude with electronics and technology
* Access to a private computer and a cell phone with smart phone capabilities
o Must have computer with Windows 7 or above or Apply Machine with software 10.9x or above.
o Must have Internet Explorer 7.x or above, Firefox 3.x or above, or Safari (Mac)
Experience and Education Skills Dyson Behaviors
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor Degree a plus
* 1 year experience in a public interfacing role required
* Knowledge of the beauty industry or as a stylist preferred.
* Ability to work weekends, some weekday holidays and as business dictates, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
* High standards of personal appearance.
* Must have a professional demeanor
* Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity at all times
* Strong communication and presentation skills essential
* Charismatic and outgoing personality
* Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
* Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
* Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
* Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record; reliable transportation, and ability to travel within designated region
* Attuned Being emotionally smart
* Fighter Getting the best result
* Architect Creating the climate for success
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-226.
Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.