Behavior Technician, Southeast GA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
The May Institute Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN, SOUTHEAST GA
Job ID: 2016-2233
Job Location: Hinesville, Georgia
Type: Regular Part-Time
Category: Behavior Therapist
May Institute Consulting in Savannah, GA is currently seeking a creative and caring ABA Therapist who wants to make a positive difference in the lives of children diagnosed with autism or developmental disabilities. In this position you will work directly with children, teaching them communication, social, and play skills. This instruction will occur in the natural context of a child's home, school, or other community setting. You will be trained in state-of-the-art instruction based on the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and receive supervision from an experienced BCBA.
This is an excellent entry-level position for a recent college graduate seeking practical ABA experience, or for graduate students interested in obtaining supervison hours towards board certification. We service Southeast Georgia are including: Savannah, Hinesville, Pooler, Richmond hill and surrounding areas. This position is part-time (10 hours per week).
* Implement specifically designed programs for our clients with disabilities
* Meet with 2-3 clients per day in 2-3 hour increments during either daytime or afterschool hours depending on program needs
* Meet certain hourly goals each week which will be used to determine your benefit eligibility
* Record data and document how each child responds to their specific program, their behavior and their progress each day and share with supervisor
* Graph data to illustrate child progress over time
* Submit narrative reports of each session and hours worked every day.
* Attend staff meetings as scheduled
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required
* Minimum of 1 year working with children
* Experience working with children who have developmental disabilities preferred
* Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
* Ability to work well independently and as a team
* Ability to interact with children, i.e. running and implementing physical intervention and strategies when necessary
* Comfortable working with children who display behavior problems