Behavior Therapist, West Springfield, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
The May Institute Inc.
West Springfield, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BEHAVIOR THERAPIST, WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA
Job ID: 2016-2247
Job Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts
Type: Fee for Service
Category: Behavior Therapist
May Institute is currently seeking creative and caring behavior therapists who want to make a positive difference in the lives of children diagnosed with autism or developmental disabilities. In this position you will work directly with children, teaching them communication, social, and play skills. This instruction will occur in the natural context of a child's home, school, or other community setting. You will be trained in state-of-the-art instruction based on the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and receive supervision from an experienced BCBA.
All positions are fee-for-service and part-time. Positions are a great opportunity for a recent college graduate, or Masters level clinicians seeking supervision by a BCBA and offer flexibility for any schedule!
Part-Time positions work with children over the age of 3. Less than 20 hours/week. Afternoon hours required 3:30-6:30.
* Implement specifically designed programs for our clients with disabilities
* Meet with 2-3 clients per day in 2-3 hour increments during either daytime or afterschool hours depending on program needs
* Meet certain hourly goals each week which will be used to determine your benefit eligibility
* Record data and document how each child responds to their specific program, their behavior and their progress each day and share with supervisor
* Graph data to illustrate child progress over time
* Submit narrative reports of each session and hours worked every day.
* Attend staff meetings as scheduled
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required
* Minimum of 1 year working with children
* Experience working with children who have developmental disabilities preferred
* Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
* Ability to work well independently and as a team
* Ability to interact with children, i.e. running and implementing physical intervention and strategies when necessary
* Comfortable working with children who display behavior problems