Bell Labs Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Are you a person who likes to understand and monitor the latest and greatest trends and developments in the ICT industry, and evaluate shifting perspectives and implications for existing and new players? If so Bell Labs Consulting (BLC) is the place for you! Formed in 2014, our mission is to guide our customers through the massive network and business transition they must, and will, undertake in the next few years to be industry leaders in the emerging digital economy. As such, we consult with leading operators and strategic accounts on the network and network operator of 2020 and the path to deliver it, considering the shift in network architecture, operations, and business models, in light of evolving societal trends. Our customers are looking for decision support and thought leadership to guide them in a very important space that will significantly impact their way forward.
The work typically includes understanding the service providers current network, operations, and business issues, and in the process of solving them provide guidance on how to evolve these areas over time given future services, business drivers, enabling technologies, emerging standards, and industry trends. In addition to assessing their present state, projects typically require identification of best practices relevant to that service provider, modeling and analysis of alternative evolution alternatives, development of recommendations and roadmaps to achieve a best practice based future state, and the ability to guide and drive implementation of changes to influence real business outcomes. Bell Labs proprietary tools, models and knowledge repositories are leveraged for most engagements.
The Bell Labs Consultant scopes and conducts research, modeling and analysis efforts as a member of teams delivering solutions for Service Providers and other industry players in a challenging context. These activities specifically include:
* Provide consultative network, operations and business modeling advice to clients to help guide their strategic planning and meet their business objectives.
* Study and apply existing industry networking, operations and business modeling constructs and solutions, and innovate new ones that can benefit our clients business (including next gen wireless, NFV/SDN, fixed broadband access, M2M, and IP transformation).
* Work as part of a team in the delivery of engagements for customers, such work includes scoping and contributing to data collection, modeling, analysis, and presentation development and delivery efforts.
* Contribute to BLC engagement proposals and staffing plans.
* Leverage personal experience and know-how of the subject matter.
* Participate in the review of projects with the client as well as internally with the project/BLC team, at the end of each project.
* Contribute to BLC intellectual property.
* A mix of Engineering and Business skills, combining a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with a BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 5 years experience in the ICT industry, preferably with at least 1-2 years in a consulting or other customer-facing capacity.
* Hands on experience in ICT network, business or operational modeling and analysis (especially in the NFV/SDN, Wireless, Broadband Access and IP-Optical domains).
* Demonstrated telecommunication systems engineering capabilities, with depth in one or more leading domains (Wireless, Broadband, IP-Optical, NFV/SDN, Cloud Data Centers, Analytics, IoT implementations).
* Understanding of emerging NFV/SDN, Analytics and IoT innovations, and their impact on wireless, ultra broadband and IP communication technology, business and operational imperatives.
* A keen interest in applying such insights in innovations in the communications industry and consulting with clients in developing new business growth initiatives.
* Strong mathematical modeling skills, can effectively collect and analyze data, and build and modify spreadsheet models.
* Ability to draw conclusions and communicate findings needed to advise customers' technical and business leaders.
* Good consulting competencies with personable consultative style, creative, innovative, hunger for learning and learns rapidly.
* Capable of working autonomously and productively in a fast-paced, dynamic cross-discipline team environment.
* Experience and ability to support business development activities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.