Bell Labs - Network Algorithms, Routing & Security Researcher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Murray Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia Bell Labs is looking for a research engineer who will join the Network Algorithms, Routing and Security department to contribute to the design and development of next generation network operating systems for carrier-grade environments.
We are looking for a research engineer with an excellent knowledge of the Java/C language, Object Oriented design principles and Linux Operating System. As a Bell Labs research engineer on our team, you will be challenged! You will work with Bell Labs researchers to design, develop and prototype new disruptive concepts, tools, or systems, and to implement and demonstrate future SDN-based carrier-grade networking platforms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
* Participating in the development and prototyping of next-generation SDN-powered network operating system.
* Propose and implement quick prototypes or software architectural choices.
* Contribute to the project with great technical ideas to achieve 10x more with 10x less.
* Java based coding, integration and associated testing.
* Creation of demos of the implemented prototypes, in collaboration with Bell Labs researchers
* Write and maintain internal documentation/wiki
* Configure and maintain the software development and storage environment
* Master of Science in Computer Science
* 5 years demonstrable recent Development/Test experience in High Availability, Distributed Systems
* Object Oriented Design principles with experience in Java. Demonstrable experience in C is a plus.
* Scripting languages (e.g., Perl and Python)
* JSP, REST API, Maven
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-process, multi-threaded software development.
* Strong hands-on ability / problem-solving mindset is a must.
* Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux internals and Operating System concepts
* Experience in creating, using and maintaining software repositories (e.g., git-hub)
* Use-case driven prototype development
* Experience in off-the-shelf software component integration and testing
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with peer developers, and researchers * Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
* Interested in learning languages and methodologies beyond current skills
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Knowledge of SDN and related Open Source projects including Open Daylight and ONOS is a big plus
* Experience writing unit tests a plus
* Demonstrated experience in TDD a plus
* Experience in Agile a plus
ALCATEL-LUCENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER INCLUDING WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES