Benefits Administrator (4794-1) 9/17/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Position is subject to budgetary approval.
Responsible for providing confidential administrative support to executive level personnel, Operations and Staff Managers. Also responsible for customer service and departmental support to producers, management, and service teams in supporting existing accounts and soliciting new business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides general support of employee benefits group by performing Benefit Analyst and/or Benefit Coordinator duties as needed;
* May prepare RFPs for client renewal or prospective groups, to include employee census, current/renewal plan design/rate information, and historical claims experience data;
* May develop group communication pieces for client open enrollment, including benefit summaries and brochures;
* May organize and conduct client health programs and wellness fairs
* Serves as a technical expert, assisting other team members to resolve complex issues;
* Organizes office activities and schedules; develops and implements department procedures and systems to ensure smooth department operations;
* Provides Microsoft Office Suite assistance as required; prepares and/or assists with the creation of presentation material as needed;
* Assists service team with assembly of marketing materials, proposals and presentations for prospects and customers;
* Manages outsourced project flow; inputs prospect and customer data into applications and agency management system;
* Reviews and summarizes miscellaneous reports and documents; prepares background documents;
* Arranges travel and meeting schedules;
* Sets-up, manages, and processes archives/dead files;
* Maintains and updates AlliantNet as needed;
* Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
* Other duties as assigned to support producer and service team.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 - 6 years related work experience
Valid insurance license required
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by supervisor
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Good planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability and motivation to work independently
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Ability to prioritize work for multiple projects and deadlines
Ability to interface with executives internal and external
Intermediate typing skills (30-35 wpm)
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.