This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160907-8211-JB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Verisk's Human Resources team is seeking a Benefits Administrator to manage the day-to-day functions of active benefits for all employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability, workers compensation, life insurance, 401k and Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan. In this role, you ll provide guidance, interpretations and counseling to line management and employees on policy. You ll also provide first line analysis for problem solving, maintain updated forms and communications as well as vendor relationships and updated contact information.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience plus 8 years related benefits administration experience required. CEBS and PHR professional designation preferred.
* Knowledge of process improvement, automation
* Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefit programs including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, OBRA, Social Security and DOL requirements required.
* Excellent communication and organization skills required
* Strong analytical skills and knowledge of plan designs required
* Experience with multiple plans and remote locations preferred
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates. Strong ability to plan effectively and prioritize tasks. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must have strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with PeopleSoft or other HRIS software preferred.
* Knowledge of benefit contract language and benefit plan design preferred.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
*Manage workers compensation, disability and FMLA leaves working closely with employees, management, HR Representatives and vendors to ensure smooth administration and legal compliance to minimize potential liability. Responsible for COBRA administration. Provide first line analysis for problem solving. Serve as liaison for 3rd party COBRA administrator, including preparation of electronic transmission of data to trigger COBRA notifications.
*Assists Benefits Director during annual open enrollment periods including develop or update of communication materials. Ensure that new hires and current employees are enrolled for benefit coverage as elected including coordination with payroll to insure employee deductions begin/change in a timely manner.
* Manage Paid Time Off (PTO) program
Assist Director with analysis and reporting of benefit programs and proposals including utilization, trends, etc to assist in rate negotiations with vendors and design of programs. Assist with benefit audits and reporting.
*Verify and process life insurance; counsel beneficiaries on policies and procedures for death disbursements; follow up with insurance carriers to ensure timely processing.
*Administer in-house orientation using MS PowerPoint presentation
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk Analytics draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations that are integrated into customer workflows. Verisk offers predictive analytics and decision support solutions to customers in rating, underwriting, claims, catastrophe and weather risk, global risk analytics, natural resources intelligence, economic forecasting, and many other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets.
Headquartered in Jersey City, N.J., Verisk Analytics operates in 22 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor s (S&P) 500 Index. In 2015, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World s Most Innovative Companies list and, in 2016, to its America s Best Large Employers list. Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. For more information, please visit www.verisk.com.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.