Benefits Analyst (4816) 9/7/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensa-tion, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
SUMMARY Responsible for providing customer service and supporting producers by servicing existing accounts and soliciting new business. Independent responsibility for servicing and retaining assigned customers and policies; mid-market accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works with client team to determine bid and renewal strategy for mid-market client accounts;
* Provides detailed plan design and cost information to service team;
* Works with client or prospective client to identify and evaluate the client s specific characteristics, including: benefits needs, design, group demographics and employee census;
* Assists with benchmarking and trend analysis;
* Gathers information and provides analysis and recommendations to client s existing coverage;
* Requests census and RFQs from client, primarily for ancillary coverages;
* Processes RFQs received from clients;
* Prepares RFPs for client renewal or prospective groups, to include employee census , current and renewal plan design, rate information, and historical claims experience data;
* Collaborates with client team to select employee benefit markets for solicitation and negotiates with incumbent and bidding carriers for benefit and premium considerations
* Analyzes market proposals for verification of benefits, premium and competitiveness;
* Negotiates with incumbent and bidding carriers to ensure most competitive rates and products for clients and prospective clients;
* Serves as a technical expert, assisting other team members to resolve complex issues;
* Produces cost / benefit analysis for inclusion in client presentations;
* Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 - 6 years related work experience
Valid insurance license required; must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Good oral and written communication skills
Good customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability to work within team and to foster teamwork
Ability to prioritize work for multiple projects and deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.