Benefits Consultant - Employee Benefits (4788)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Acts as an agent of Producer assigned accounts, including servicing and/or solicitation activities. Manages book of business and directs work of service team. Expert in all benefit lines and funding mechanisms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages all client required services and maintains client relationship with no input from Producers;
* Manages large market book of business through direction of employees on service team;
* Receives and develops new business leads from Producers or identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities;
* Acts as direct point of contact for client from time of lead;
* Acts as the lead representative to an assigned book-of-business;
* Participates in team selling process including finalist interviews and RFP responses;
* Prepares and presents to client renewal analysis;
* Sells renewal business to existing clients and where applicable, sells additional lines of coverage;
* Promotes to clients other services offered by our agency by way of preparing Producer Service Proposals;
* Provides analysis and recommendations concerning client's existing coverages;
* Selects carriers for solicitation and negotiates with carriers for benefit and premium considerations;
* Receives and responds to client inquiries including benefit and claim questions and issues;
* Reviews client coverage contracts and amendments for accuracy;
* Manages and negotiates third party vendor relationships and contracts on behalf of the client;
* Manages dedicated service team;
* Serves as technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues;
* Creates new client sales opportunities;
* Collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances within 60 days of invoicing date;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
10 - 12 years related work experience
Valid insurance license; requires in depth knowledge of underwriting principles and market conditions;
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Excellent problem solving and time management skills;
Ability to lead a team and to foster teamwork;
Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills;
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.