This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBenefits Liaison - Disability (450695)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To coordinate activities of absence programs for specific client; to assist/support Benefits Program Manager; to implement customer surveys; to assist in client training and benefits fairs; and to prepare reports for program administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serves as liaison between Company and client human resources (HR) and employees in management of the absence programs.
* Communicates with client, employee, healthcare providers and Company operations team to coordinate resolution of escalated issues involving absence program.
* Assists manager in evaluating results of absence programs and best practice in absence administration; assists in assessing effectiveness of absence plan administration, communication and documentation; assists in development of management reports; assists in preparation of reports assessing financial impact of program administration.
* Maintains records and files pertinent to absence programs.
* Monitors satisfaction with leave and disability administration via periodic customer surveys and recommends needed changes.
* Works with appropriate stakeholders for client and Company to ensure continuous performance and process improvement.
* Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and best practices relevant to absence programs and administration.
* Works with Practice Leader to update and maintain absence program procedures relating to administration, compliance requirements, audits of leaves; employee handbook and other program-related documents.
* Assists with client training and development of communications; assists in administration of benefits fairs as needed.
* Assists client in reviewing and requesting approvals from Company operations team to conduct Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) and Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs).
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as needed.
Education & Licensing
Bachelordegree or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred.
Six (6) years absence management experience or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. Demonstrated progressive responsibilities strongly preferred. Project management, office operations management, disability/absence management, insurance-related and/or statistical analysis experiencepreferred.
Skills & Knowledge
* Knowledge of legal requirements and best practices relevant to absence programs and administration
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Negotiation skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Self motivated with ability to work independently
* Ability to work in a team environment
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies