Benefits Manager 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BRIEF DESCRIPTION
An innovative, collaborative leader that will promote a total rewards philosophy which supports the Company's objectives while controlling the Companys benefit costs. Responsible for assisting with the establishment of overall global benefit strategies for a broad spectrum of diversely situated associates. Conduct analysis and assist in the design and development of all Retirement and Health & Welfare plan changes as necessary to ensure competitive and cost effective benefit plans on a global basis. Work with vendors, partners, consultants and HR Business Partners to ensure benefit plans are competitive, compliant and meet service level standards. Oversee the development of communication programs using various media to keep associates informed of and engaged in the benefit plans.
* Implement and administer the organization's benefit programs, processes and policies. This includes but is not limited to eligibility analysis and communication, cost forecasting, budgeting, and reporting as well as compliance management ensuring all policies and protocols are formally documented in accordance with federal and state regulations and department guidelines.
* Establish vendor relationships to maximize benefit offerings, services and value to ensure optimum performance from all external resources.
* Oversee invoice accuracy, reconciliations, and premium collections for vendor partner payments.
* Manage and analyze annual, quarterly, and monthly benefit cost and trends for all benefit programs.
* Ensure compliance with all regulatory needs including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA and ACA by staying up to date on regulatory changes.
* Manage all aspects of annual open enrollment of benefits including but not limited to Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life and Supplemental Life as well as 401k enrollments and communications throughout the year.
* Responsible for the successful completion of annual retirement plan audits and for compiling and reporting annual required filings with the IRS and DOL.
* Responsible for the creation, maintenance and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by Confidentiality and Privacy Standards, in compliance with HIPAA.
* Monitors and evaluates all third-party vendors and service providers to ensure programs are financially sound and operating efficiently, reviews performance metrics on quarterly or annual basis, assist in the selection and implementation of vendor changes and/or plan design changes.
* Manage the creation, accuracy and timeliness of periodic benefit reporting and charge-out processes with internal finance and tax departments.
* Measure the outcomes of program improvements and plan changes identifying success and areas of plan cost deficiencies recommending improvement when appropriate.
* Build and maintain effective relationships with internal partners including Finance and HR Business Partners.
* Oversee benefit HRIS processes, including working with HRSS and Payroll members, define system functionality and capabilities to ensure all data entry is accurate and consistent.
* Supervise up to two mid-level benefit professionals while focusing on developing them through coaching, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments.
* 5 - 10 years of related finance or benefits/human resource experience required
* International benefits experience with multi-national companies preferred
* Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred
* Knowledge of State and Federal laws, rules and regulations pertaining to benefits, wellness and privacy strongly preferred
* General knowledge related to Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans is required
* Experience in retirement plan accounting is preferred
* Computer and Microsoft Excel proficiency required
* May require travel both domestically and internationally
* Strong analytical skills, problem identification, attention to detail and identifying alternative courses of action - Resourceful to find new solutions taking on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
* Excellent project management skills and experience leading multi-functional projects
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to communicate complex benefit concepts and respond to benefit queries/issues from associates, demonstrating confidentiality, resourcefulness, and a customer service focus
* Demonstrated leadership skills such as organizing, planning, and decision-making necessary for effective management. Proven ability to gain trust and confidence of subordinates
* Ability to present plan summary and financial information to leadership and associates alike in clear, compelling terms
* Learns quickly when facing new challenges
* Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes
* Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems
* Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options
* Coordinates resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
* Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
* Gets the most out of limited resources
* Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes and culture to resourcing efforts
* Competitive Salary
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
* High visibility position with opportunity for advancement
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled