This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Charles River Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Human Capital department has over 15 professionals committed to attracting, developing, and retaining excellent staff across the firm. The team comprises four functions: Talent Acquisition, Learning and Professional Development, Employee Relations, and Benefits. Human Capital staff are based in the Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, and London offices.
The Benefits Specialist role provides a unique opportunity for a professional with a strong benefits background to grow in a collaborative team environment. The Specialist is responsible for supporting the administration and communication of CRA s health, welfare and retirement benefit plans and other programs, while supporting employees during their tenure at CRA. Stays current on legal and regulatory mandates that impact company benefits and policies.
To be successful, the incumbent must demonstrate strong initiative, discretion and critical thinking and have the ability to coordinate a variety of time sensitive tasks simultaneously
* Serves as primary contact for employee telephone and e-mail inquiries regarding benefit options, eligibility, claims and coverage issues. Conducts new hire orientations and enrollment meetings. Collaborates with consultants and insurance company member services representatives to resolve issues. Provides guidance to employees as needed, including how to access internal and external information sources.
* Administers all North American group benefit programs and leave policies, including, but not limited to, health, dental, short-term and long-term disability, life, optional life, flexible spending, retirement savings and voluntary plans, FMLA, and disability and unpaid leaves.
* Follows administrative procedures and processes, recommends improvements and updates documentation as necessary. Coordinates with HRIS and Payroll departments to ensure that policies and procedures to obtain, record, and process information are followed, and that deductions and withholdings for employee benefits and/or related taxes are correct.
* Participates in plan design, utilization review and rate renewal meetings with consultants and vendors.
* Ensures all CRA policies, procedures and plan documentation pertaining to employee benefits are current and in compliance with legislative changes while leveraging technology to gain efficiencies. Assists Director with compliance related documentation, communications and government filings.
* Serves as content expert to ensure benefit plan designs are properly mapped in HRIS.
* Liaise with external 401(k) plan auditors and CRA payroll staff to ensure timely and accurate data support for annual audit. Non-voting members of the US 401(k) Plan Administrative Committee.
* Assist with program design and communications for global Wellness Initiative.
Education: Bachelors Degree and five years progressive work experience in employee benefits. Experience in a professional services firm of similar size is preferred.
* Solid understanding of health & welfare, 401 (k), ERISA and ACA regulations and compliance. Canadian experience preferred, but not required
* Knowledge of self-insured plans preferred
* Solid understanding of disability / leave of absence laws.
* Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
* Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality
* Ability to drive programs independently to completion
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, with an intermediate level knowledge of Excel required. Knowledge of WorkDay or comparable HRIS preferred.
* Flexibility and resiliency in the face of change and business pressures with the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with changing priorities
* Process improvement oriented
* High standards of client service and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
* Well-organized with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to prioritize, willing to ask questions and be a team player when necessary to effectively complete work
* Strong business acumen
* Ability to interpret benefit and company policies and apply them to individual situations
ABOUT CHARLES RIVER ASSOCIATES
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.