This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
The Benefits Specialist role is responsible for developing and optimizing work standardization processes for HR Shared Services as well as being an escalation point for all employees benefits related issues. This role is responsible for creating, administering and monitoring of Benefits Compliance Programs for the U.S. and Canada, Puerto Rico.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works with the Benefits Manager on the annual plan audit / operational assessment of the Medical, Dental, Vision Plans as well as US, Canada, and Puerto Rico Annual Enrollment.
* Processes Life Insurance claims, 401k Administration,
* Oversees the integration with Workday including vendor integration, business processes, weekly audits, terminations and open enrollment.
* Manages all leave administration and medical support orders to include ADA, FMLA, State Leave, etc.
* Conducts all Non-Discrimination testing.
* Serves as a liaison with third party administrators and employees to resolve any problems with claims and eligibility.
* Develops benefit metrics, reports, and presents to senior leaders recommendations regarding trends.
* Responsible for compliance reviews and notes trends that may optimize business plans.
* Mitigates risk by developing solid collection and reporting procedures and leads audits conducted by federal and state agencies,
* Run reports and provides insight into key patterns and trends in HR benefits and compensation metrics,
* Provides analysis on HR data by tracking trends and developments in various functional areas.
* Develops knowledge of business unit supported to understand jobs and compensation practices in the market for similar jobs.
* Responds to escalated compensation inquiries from shared services and business unit inquiries regarding compensation related issues,
* Creates training programs and communications for business units and oversees the training of Employees and HR Team members to ensure understanding and program changes of benefit and compensation programs.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
3 years in an HR Role with a focus in benefits
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Proficiency in Workday, MS Outlook, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Intermediate skills in Excel required
English (reading, writing, and verbal)
Demonstrated experience in Leave Management including knowledge of both State & Federal leave of absence laws
Experience with relevant HR systems, applications, and tools, metrics data, and business intelligence tactics
Data analysis and report writing skills
Strong communication written/verbal (employee communications, presentations and program marketing materials)
Keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
Strong customer focus
Ability to influence others, lead indirect teams
Demonstrated ability to drive change
Project management skills
Clear process focus, systematic, organized
Effective at managing multiple priorities.
4-5 years in an HR Role with a focus in benefits and compensation
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, OR PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
Certified Benefit Professional, Certified Compensation Professional, PHR, or SHRM-CP will be an advantage
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.