This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Visiting Nurse Service Of New York
Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day, more than 18,000 VNSNY employees including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Participates in the design, implementation and administration of benefit programs, with a focus on disability and leave programs, other health and welfare benefits and employee communications. Provides project management support on key benefit initiatives. Manages disability and leave administration, benefit communications and annual open enrollment. Works under general supervision
* Manages the administration of the disability and leave programs and the external vendor relationships. Ensures compliance and coordination across various departments (e.g. Health Services, HRConnect, Payroll, HRIS and Workers Compensation) and vendors.
* Manages all benefit communications, such as Summary Plan Descriptions, forms, orientation material, and on-site benefits workshops; ensures content is accurate and updated on a timely basis. Participates in the development of employee benefit communication, manages publication of benefit related materials, and manages content on benefit intranet site.
* Provides guidance and counsel to HRConnect and employees regarding enrollment, plan terms, service providers, family status changes, leave of absence and COBRA.
* Manages the annual open enrollment process including project management, design, content and distribution of open enrollment communications.
* Manages the Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefit programs, including vendor realtionship.
* Supports bi-weekly new employee orientation covering benefits, payroll practices, voluntary offerings and VNSNY policies and procedures.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as needed.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related discipline required. CEBS Certification- or working towards designation- preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years of benefits experience required. Demonstrated understanding of all ERISA Plans (Welfare and Qualified Plans) required. Ability to analyzing data and make recommendations required. Strong working knowledge of systems and Microsoft Office applications required. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required and familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred. Experience with vendor management preferred.
VNSNY is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights, then please visit: