Bethesda - Global Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
University Research Co., LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Global Human Resources Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (www.urc-chs.com).
Division & Project Overview:
As knowledgeable Human Relations professionals, the Human Resources Department supports URC-CHS's mission and core values by fostering a work environment that promotes diversity, opportunity, respect and fairness while delivering leadership and exceptional service within the growing URC-CHS family.
Our core competencies include recruitment and retention, employee relations, organizational and professional development, total rewards and benefits, and compliance. As a partner of URC-CHS's leadership and divisions, we contribute to the organization's success through a thorough understanding of all aspect of Human Relations assuring and maintaining our competitive advantage.
It is also our responsibility to ensure that our employees are the most talented, motivated and driven individuals to provide innovative and evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director International Human Resources, the Global Human Resources Managers, will be responsible for implementing, supporting and coordinating various HR functions in support of URC-CHS s divisions and projects worldwide.
The Global Human Resources Manager works in close collaboration and coordination with the HQ-based Global Human Resources Specialists along with in-country Finance and Administrative Officers (FAOs) and/or Human Resources Officers (HROs) ensuring that all HR systems, policies and procedures are fully implemented and adhered to in full compliance with all applicable employment laws.
The Global Human Resources Manager s daily responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
* Implement and enforce current company guidelines, policies and procedures, including but not limited to compensation and benefits, personnel management, recruitment efforts, for in-country offices in consultation and full compliance with all applicable host country employment laws;
* Identify and/or address any potential HR-related issues and concerns for full response and resolution. As necessary, coordinate with various departments and divisions for input, guidance and/or updates;
* Serve as back-up for the International HR Director and provide additional support to Global Human Resources Specialists, when needed;
* Lend support in communicating, training and reinforcing current company guidelines, policies and procedures with all staff members;
* Recommend new and innovative changes and improvement to current company guidelines, policies and procedures, as applicable;
* Generate and prepare various reports pertaining to personnel and employment data and as needed, assist with the analyses and interpretation, for continuous improvement of all HR-related policies, procedures, standards and practices;
* Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of current and proposed in-country laws and regulations affecting HR management, including identifying trends that could potentially impact the organization and operational objectives and resources.
* When needed, partner with in-country counsel in interpretation of appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly;
* Maintain involvement in all issues related to employment of expatriates and third-country nationals, including recruitment, benefits administration, and relocation and repatriation;
* As needed, attend and represent the organization in various Recruitment Fairs, seminars and events;
* Other related duties and assignments, as assigned;
* Travel to developing countries is required up to 25% time.
Required Experience & Qualifications
* At least five years of progressive and extensive experience with HR administration with at least one year of global HR and/or international development.
* Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related area/program of study. Master s highly desirable but not required.
* Must be results-oriented with strong customer service orientation and ability to work within all levels of the organization.
* Experience with various HR Information Systems (ADP, CostPoint, Ceridian etc.)
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to train and speak to diverse audiences with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
* Must be able to operate independently where appropriate but understand when issues need to be escalated for resolution.
* Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Must be able to prioritize assignments accordingly and adapt to shifting priorities.
* Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
* Knowledge of and experience with US Department of State s regulations and familiarity with the international development community.
* Fluency in languages, French or Spanish, is a major advantage.
* Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and particularly, in Excel highly desired.
* This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* This position would require to open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool and may require the ability to lift files/folders/boxes, as necessary.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position.