Bethesda - Global Human Resources Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
University Research Co., LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (WWW.URC-CHS.COM).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
As knowledgeable Human Relations professionals, the Human Resources Department supports URC-CHS's mission and core values by fostering a work environment that promotes diversity, opportunity, respect and fairness while delivering leadership and exception service within the growing URC-CHS family.
Our core competencies include recruitment and retention, employee relations, organizational and professional development, total rewards and benefits, and compliance. As a partner of URC-CHS's leadership and divisions, we contribute to the organization's success through a thorough understanding of all aspect of Human Relations assuring and maintaining our competitive advantage.
It is also our responsibility to ensure that our employees are the most talented, motivated and driven individuals to provide innovative and evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director International Human Resources, the Global Human Resources Specialist, will be responsible for supporting and coordinating various HR functions in direct support of the various URC divisions. This position reports to the Director International Human Resources, but works in close collaboration with the Field Administrative Officers (FAOs) and/or Human Resources Officers (HROs) to meet the needs of the various divisions in their designated countries of responsibility.
The Global HR Specialist s daily responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
* Assist Field Administrative Officers (FAOs) and/or Human Resources Officers (HROs) with posting adverts on URC s website and other available recruitment sources.
* Assist FAOs and/or HROs with maintenance of recruitment files against current URC guidelines, requesting copies as necessary for Headquarters records.
* Support FAOs and/or HROs with maintenance and review of personnel records against current URC guidelines, requesting copies as necessary for Headquarters records.
* In collaboration with FAOs/HROs, continually update the HRIS system and personnel data.
* Maintain a schedule to remind and support the field offices of upcoming performance evaluations and/or contract renewals and obtaining necessary supporting documents.
* When necessary, assist in development and review of company guidelines, policies and procedures for field offices in consultation and full compliance with all applicable local labor laws and URC guidelines.
* Report known or perceived employee relations or any other HR-related issues to supervisor for immediate resolution.
* Travel to designated countries, as required.
* Other related duties and assignments, as applicable.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* At least three years of experience with HR administration; At least one year of global HR administration highly desired
* Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related area/program of study
* Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Attention to detail a must
* Experience working with developing countries
* Proven ability to communicate and work with various levels of the organization
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with various HR Information Systems (Ceridian, ADP, etc.)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal/written skills and presentation skills
* Fluency in languages, French or Spanish, is a major advantage
* This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* This position would require to open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool and may require the ability to lift files/folders/boxes, as necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREER-OPPORTUNITIES.
YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.