Bethesda - Project Coordinator
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
Division & Project Overview:
The International Development Group (IDG), an international division of URC with projects in East and West Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. Technical areas addressed by these projects in include health systems strengthening, human resources for health, HIV/AIDS, TB, nutrition, livelihoods and resilience, community mobilization, quality improvement, and social and behavior change communications among others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for carrying out financial and administrative tasks at the Bethesda headquarters office and backstopping field activities as they relate to project implementation. S/he provides day-to-day organization of project-related work and coordinates communication with partner organizations, subcontractors or subgrantees, and donor agencies.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Review monthly project expenditures against budget and update financial tracker. Prepare analyses of spending as needed and coordinate monthly expenditure reviews. Alert project team to necessary contractual or management actions based on that review (i.e., line-item re-allocations, extensions needed etc.);
* Ensure that program inputs are mobilized when needed, including in the areas of consultants and home office technical assistance, contracts, budgets, procurement and HR, to support the achievement of project deliverables.
* Use and maintain project trackers to ensure sound financial, administrative, and programmatic management of the projects and anticipate technical/program support needs and priorities.
* Provide administrative, technical and financial management support to project teams.
* Ensure that contractually required and URC approval requirements for procurement (e.g., waivers, task orders, and approval memos) are met, and prepare justifications supporting those actions in coordination with senior technical, management, and contracts staff at HQ and country levels as needed;
* Review and coordinate submission of correct and complete monthly payment vouchers to the client.
* Assist with management of subcontracts, including review of monthly expenditure vouchers against budgets, coordinating of regular partners meetings, and monitoring subcontractor technical inputs.
* Coordinate project activities with partners and other organizations as appropriate. Prepare for meetings and presentations of project activities (set up meetings, develop PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
* Assist senior technical and program staff in the development of annual work plans and accompanying budgets;
* Assist in tracking, developing and ensuring quality of project deliverables to include reports, summaries and success stories, including writing, editing, proofreading, translating and/or coordinating translation services;
* Oversee travel arrangements for technical assistance visits in compliance with USAID regulations and obtain necessary approvals;
* Assist with proposal development and provide support to other projects as needed;
Required Experience & Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in public health, international development or related field plus one year of experience working on international donor funded projects in a programmatic and financial management capacity. A Master's degree or credits may substitute for a year of relevant work experience.
* Strong financial skills, including experience reviewing expenditure vouchers and accompanying receipts and determining allowability, allocability, and reasonableness of back-up documentation for expenditures.
* Strong budgeting skills, including experience with and aptitude for creating budget scenarios, projecting expenditures based on clear assumptions, and tracking actual expenditures against projections. Excellent Excel skills are a MUST.
* Experience with and an ability to follow United States federal contract procedures and regulations.
* Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with others. Able to work independently in a fast-paced organization by prioritizing and managing multiple priorities. Strong attention to detail and follow-through required
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
* FLUENCY and excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
* Experience working in a federal contracting environment.
* Computer literacy is required. Advanced skills in Excel and MS Word a must.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
* FLUENCY and excellent oral and written communication skills in French or Spanish preferred.
* International field experience in developing country setting (such as Peace Corps service or equivalent) preferred.
* Experience working with USAID-funded programs in an organization focused on international development is desired
* Ability in computer programs such as Access, STATA, SPSS, and Power Point applications strongly desired.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD WITHOUT A NEED FOR SPONSORSHIP WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.