Bethesda - Senior Business Development Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
University Research Co., LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST, QPI
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
This position is in the Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) at URC. QPI focuses on improving health care through applying improvement (aka implementation/ delivery) science.
BACKGROUND ON THE USAID APPLYING SCIENCE TO STRENGTHEN AND IMPROVE SYSTEMS PROJECT:
This is one of URC s global flagship projects funded by USAID and dedicated to improving health care in developing countries through the application of modern improvement science to delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies. The project is a $185 million cooperative agreement and is currently operating in about 30 countries in all global health technical areas. The project is a global leader in the advocacy, development, and promotion of cost-effective methods to design and improve healthcare care and strengthen health systems in low and middle-income countries.
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALISTS play a key role in all aspects of new business planning and pursuit through the following key functions: (1) support the identification and capture process for upcoming opportunities; (2) write or draft key sections of the technical volume; (3) manage proposal development; and (4) support the development and streamlining of business development functions and processes company-wide.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in capture, including serving on capture teams with travel to the field; developing and maintaining comprehensive capture plans.
* Write key sections of technical volumes.
* Manage and coordinate proposal teams throughout the proposal process from start to finish in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment. This includes: develop compliance matrices, prepare proposal outlines, establish timelines and milestones, and track progress. Proactively resolve any problems/issues that arise, including, in conferral with technical lead and Director of QPI, assuring mobilization of all resources needed throughout the proposal cycle.
* Write, edit, and proofread proposal sections and supporting annexes, including situational analysis, background, corporate capability, staffing, management, past performance, and others.
* Facilitate, coordinate and ensure ongoing and effective communication among URC technical staff, BD, pricing, HR, and external partners. Manage teaming agreements. Communicate regular updates, identify potential issues and/or delays, and troubleshoot solutions with the technical team lead, Director of QPI, and/or other senior management.
* Work with all levels of technical staff at HQ and in the field to: maintain a robust and continuously updated pipeline of opportunities; write, update, and organize corporate capability statements; and manage information in support of proposals, such as corporate accolades, etc.
* Proactively and routinely tap into intelligence through professional networks and portals to identify and develop partnerships between URC and other organizations (US-based, international, and host-country contacts) and collect business intelligence.
* Contribute to, disseminate, and model the use of standardized business development processes, tools, templates and information.
* MPH, or Master s level degree with a strong public health focus.
* Prefer a minimum three (3) years of experience in business development, capture planning and implementation, and proposal development, preferably in the field of international development.
* Excellent research and business-intelligence gathering and organizational skills.
* Solid writing skills, including previous experience writing proposals in response to solicitation for USG (USAID, MCC, CDC) and other donors.
* International hands-on work experience in developing countries preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to consistently and successfully follow through on commitments and produce high-quality deliverables in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment. Able to maintain diplomacy working under pressure is critical.
* Strong computer skills in all Microsoft applications, particularly Word and Excel.
* Ability to maintain professionalism and uphold strict confidentiality of URC s business development tools, intelligence, and documentation.
* Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25% time) for one to two weeks at a time, to developing countries.
* Fluency in English is a must. Additional language qualifications are desired.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: The contract and grant application process requires that proposals be developed and reviewed under deadline. Therefore, candidates must be flexible, and willing and able to work overtime occasionally, and, at times, on a regular basis to communicate with national or international partners based both in and outside of the United States.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREERS.
YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.