Beverage PM Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
Stripes / APT is in the process of interviewing candidates for a Beverage Preventative Maintenance Technician. This position will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor in their respective areas.
Some areas of responsibility include:
* Repairs and maintains machinery and equipment in the stores and offices by performing the following duties using tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, drills, wrenches, saws, refrigeration test tools, electrical meters, HVAC testing equipment, ladders, diagnostic tools, etc.
* Performs daily highly technical repairs and maintenance to major equipment to ensure that the equipment continues to run to manufacturer's specifications and the physical condition of the store does not deteriorate.
* Installs major equipment to required specification and standards.
* Diagnoses major equipment and building problems and examines solutions for repair.
* Dismantles equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts.
* Assists in the installation of equipment resulting from special projects as assigned.
* Performs regular inspections of stores and informs supervisor of any problem areas.
* Estimates repair costs.
* Inspect, operate and test equipment in order to diagnose equipment malfunctions.
* Maintain parts and supplies needed for job completion and accounts for appropriate levels.
* Paint, repair roofs, windows, doors, floors and other parts of building structures.
* Diagnose equipment problems and determine how to correct them as necessary.
* Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work by completing the SWO's in a timely manner.
* Completes transfer forms for accurate inventory part counts and proper allocation.
* Assist Service Supervisor in cost control efforts and in identifying major capital budget request.
* Assist with various duties as assigned.
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Some maintenance related trade school preferred.
* Willing and able to travel long distances when necessary.
* Must possess good plumbing, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic skills in compliance with local and state NEC codes.
* Ability to troubleshoot medium to complex mechanical/electrical problems.
* Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations (add, subtract, multiple, divide).
* Ability to work with various hand and power tools.
* Ability to interact with store personnel, customers, and management in a professional courteous manner.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work flexible hours such as weekends, on-call, evenings and holidays.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Basic computer skills preferred.
* Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience, preferably in the field.
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record required..