Big Data Architect 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: BIG DATA ARCHITECT
LOCATION: RESTON, VIRGINIA
The Big Data Architect will drive a commercial project to develop, integrate, test, and maintain the existing and the new big data applications with latest Big Data tools set. This person will also integrate Big Data with the Data Virtualization Framework by writing custom code in Java / Python.
* Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications.
* Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings.
* Apply deep learning capability to improve understanding of user behavior and data
* Design and Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
* Responsible for leading software selection of key components within big data architecture
* 10 + years of software development experience.
* Experience in Capacity Planning, Cluster Designing and Deployment, Troubleshooting and tuning the clusters
* Strong experience with HortonWorks / Cloudera /MapR versions
* Experience in Hadoop Cluster migrations or Upgrades
* Experience in designing big data architecture with cloud technologies (AWS).
* Proficiency in Java/Python, Spark, ETL, and DW/BI tools.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science; related field or equivalent work experience.