Big Data Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Traditional Media Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition: Big Data Program Manager
Location: Burbank, CA 91201
* Manage complex technical software build project (complex in terms of the number of stakeholders, vendors and architecture- net new data flow and components, estimated budget $6 million).
* Manage multiple delivery tracks - prioritization, planning and task delegation for each, understanding dependencies across tracks and sequencing.
* Responsible for project communications including status, escalations, and defining project communication plans.
* Develop and Maintain strong Project Sponsor and Stakeholder relationships as well as providing project team leadership.
* Facilitate meetings and processes, adhering to the project management framework. Support standard project management responsibilities including: managing scope, schedule, budget, issues, and risks.
* Oversee the timely completion of related data governance requests, work requests, change requests and releaseschedules required to support the transition and project.
Qualifications /Work Experience:
* 8years multi- / cross-functional PM and preferred
* The candidate must have proven experience in working in a matrix environment and managing multiple stakeholders
* Experience with Cloud/Hybrid environments
* Project management experience with complex landscapes
* Specific experience related to 5+ years in data platform, application and/or analytics development (HANA and Hadoop desirable but not required)
* Experience in full project lifecycle management from:
* Working with business to drive requirements
* Working with development and engineering to drive technical design
* Working with engineering to drive development
* Working with business on project communication
* Coordinating communication among multiple stakeholders and departments
* Developing and leading processes around development, escalations, triage
* Working with users and engineers on requirements documents and functional specifications
* Working with development and QA on testing and release processes
* Managing project expectations and status
* Managing cross-departmental project dependencies
* Agile project experience necessary
HANA and Hadoop desirable but not required
This role reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Data Platforms and Architecture, with a dotted line to the Senior Program Manager overseeing the SAP Modernization effort.