Bigelow Fellow/Lecturer

This job is no longer active. View similar jobs.

POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 3/21/2017

University of Chicago Chicago, IL

Chicago, IL
AJE Ref #
Job Classification
Full Time
Job Type
Company Ref #


THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAW SCHOOL. The University of Chicago Law School seeks to appoint several Bigelow Fellows, appointed at the rank of Lecturer, to teach in the school's legal research and writing program effective July 1, 2017 or thereafter. The appointment is for one year, but reappointment for a second term is also possible. Candidates must have a J.D. from an accredited law school and be capable of designing and carrying out a program of tutorial instruction for first-year students. The Law School seeks candidates who demonstrate the promise of distinguished legal scholarship and law teaching, who have relevant practice experience that will qualify them to act as teachers and mentors of students, and who will bring diverse experiences and perspectives to the Law School that will enrich and improve student experiences and the Law School's intellectual culture.

The Bigelow Program has been very successful in placing its fellows in tenure-track academic positions in law schools. To apply or for further information, candidates should go to our website at Questions may be directed to Professor William Baude at or to Professor Adam Chilton at Applications only accepted at: Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled or until June 30, 2017.

The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination at Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email with their request.