This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
STANLEY Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within STANLEY Engineered Fastening's automotive division, an opening is currently available for a Bihler Trainee at our facility in Chesterfield, Michigan.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
* Read and interpret blueprints and utilize precision checking equipment to meeting quality criteria.
* Learn and become proficient in the operation and maintenance of a Bihler machine.
* Work and become familiar with die build and repair related to Bihler tooling.
* Learn and become familiar with Program Logic Code (PLC) on the Bihler equipment.
* Learn and become capable of troubleshooting machine, tooling, and part problems related to Bihler machines.
* Keep area clean and free of debris.
* Assist in repair or PM of slide tooling when needed.
* High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of five (5) years hands on experience in tool and die.
* Experience setting up and operating metal clip manufacturing machines is a plus
* Wire EDM is a plus
* Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
* Add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure. Performs the four operations with like common decimals and fractions.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.