Bilingual Claims Service Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
National General Insurance Company
Answer questions pertinent to an existing claim and determine appropriate course of action. Initial loss taking and claim set-up includes but is not limited to: recognizing and opening appropriate exposures based on facts of loss, documenting specific details of loss, selling company programs, validation claim assignment, using judgment and initiative to determine what additional service or assistance is warranted under the particular call and transferring the caller to the appropriate claim representative and/or work group. Responsible for handling new loss reports ranging from severe human trauma to minor accidents/incidents. Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and current policyholders. Also responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants. Identifies customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills.
* Successfully completes the Claims Service Consultant Training Program and demonstrates the skills learned.
* For all duties and responsibilities, incumbent will take ownership of any issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the loss participant.
* Secures new loss reports and loads the loss into the appropriate system. Follow through with clearly identifying expected services that will be offered throughout the claims experience. Learns to identify exposures and properly sets up new loss. Develops familiarity with claims related to all lines of company business. Transfers calls to the appropriate file handler.
* Answers general status inquiries from claimants, insureds, agents, and others. Develops knowledge about the entire claims process to respond to questions and properly route the call.
* Recognizes opportunities to offer tow, make Direct Repair shop recommendations and offer other company programs as necessary.
* May train and mentor less experienced personnel.
* Performs other projects and assignments as directed.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* Demonstrates working knowledge of the claim system(s)
* Bilingual proficiency (English and Spanish) strongly preferred.
* Demonstrates professional phone etiquette.
* Demonstrates a familiarity with company policies/ procedures.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of departmental organizational structure/function.
* Demonstrates a basic understanding of the insurance industry.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
* Associates or Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent related customer service experience.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the unit's processes, work practices and procedures and their relationship to other functions.
* Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is critical.
* Requires knowledge of how to perform a variety of duties or how to operate standard equipment:
* type 30 wpm
* Intro to Excel, Word, Outlook
* prior PC experience
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the National General Insurance brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors associated with it.
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.